Friday, April 1, 2011

Beiber fever

Last week I was able to surprise Kenna with something she had been wanting for awhile now. I sat on her bed waiting for her to come into her room to snap these shots. Here she is in total surprise as she walked in. It was quite funny, she ran in and out of the room. I'm not sure if it was in disbelief or what but when she came back in, notice her phone in hand, she was already texting her friends to share her excitement! The other kids were so excited too, they couldn't wait to see her reaction and were right in tow behind her.
She is still in disbelief - I actually got her a life size cut out of Justin Beiber! I swore that I wouldn't get her one but the opportunity presented itself and I knew how happy she would be about it, so against my better judgement, I bought it.
I did attach a note to Justin that said, "congratulations on your 'A' in honors history (she was excited to have brought her 'B+' up to an 'A')keep it there and in the rest of your classes so I can stay living here with you." I used him as an incentive for her to continue to work hard in her school work, it was really the only way I could justify making the purchase.
Needless to say, it was a huge surprise and she was beyond thrilled! I love being able to do fun things that will make my kids excited and this was definitely a good day being a mom! I still think this Justin Beiber cut out is a bit ridiculous but worth it for the surprise I was able to pull off!

5 comments:

  1. You deserve the most awesome mom ever award! Can I come over and get a picture with him:) My kids would think it was hilarious. Lunch this week?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that is funny! I agree with Brooke... Coolest mom ever!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha!ha! I LOVE it! I'm glad you decided to get it for her!!!!:)))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that is too funny!! I love it!! What a fun surprise for her!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are the awesomest mom!!! So funny! I bet she loves it still! :)

    ReplyDelete