Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Carving pumpkins

This is the first year in about 3 years that we have carved pumpkins, mostly because I hate doing it. I had decided to carve them for Family Home Evening before Halloween, that night proved to be very eventful with the kids and their homework so we didn't get around to carving the pumpkins until almost 8 pm. I somehow got elected to be the official top cutter and the one to clean out the pumpkins, which again, I hate!!
Here I am making a cut into one of the pumpkins. We only did 4 because I thought 6 or even 8 was just way too many! Jace pretending to help me clean one of them out. He wanted to help but didn't like how the insides of the pumpkins felt so he wouldn't touch it.
Pulling the guts out!

Baylie lifting the lid off....

Makenna and Emily choosing their design. I do think it's great that someone has come up with designs for the pumpkins, it sure makes things easier. Baylie and Ali, smiling away!

Ali and Kenna worked together on one of the pumpkins, here Ali is pulling the top off


Jace watching Chris carve into the pumpkin


Baylie getting to take a 'stab' at it!



Lindsay was the first one finished with hers



Our final four.....

It ended up being a pretty fun evening. Although I ended up cleaning them all out, it was a faster process then having everyone do their own. They all like me to rinse the seeds and bake them for eating, this year I decided against it, and it didn't take them too long to get over.

1 comment:

  1. What a good mom you are cleaning out all the goop! They turned out cute, and I would say 4 is definitely enough if I was the only one scooping them out too! :)

    ReplyDelete