Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Homecoming 2010

Last Saturday was homecoming for Hillcrest and as we all know, getting ready for the big dance is quite a process. After I did Lindsay's hair for commencement, I decided it would be worth it to have someone do her hair to avoid a little stress (yes, my stress). We called a lady who used to be in our ward, Megan Searle and she was more than happy to do it for us. We went to her house about 3 pm since Lindsay's date was picking her up at 4:45. Here are a few shots of Megan working her magic on Lindsay's hair. Tucking bobby pins in
Don't forget the hair spray!

and, Ta~dah!! Megan and Lindsay. Thanks Megan you saved my sanity!

We came home and put her make up on.........

She's ready to go, and looks fabulous, I might add!



Ready and waiting


One more quick check in the mirror before Brody arrives, yep lookin' good!

Lindsay and Brody Wright. This is one of my favorites, Brody has such a great smile!


Pinning on his boutonniere


One more picture before they walk out the door

There they go......... Little did Lindsay know what a great evening Brody and the other boys had in store for the girls!



Yes, I think it's normal that every 16 year old boy picks his date up in a convertible Porsche!


This picture is out of order but they went to the hanger that Brody's parents own and got to take a sunset plane ride!

Lindsay with Brody and Clay Riggs with Callie Evans, getting ready for their ride



Lindsay and Brody in front of the plane.



Dinner was inside the hanger. Brody's parents went all out with the decorations and food.




An archway for pictures


Here is a picture of the whole group that went to the hanger for dinner and a plane ride. The majority of them are the group that Lindsay runs around with. Lindsay is the first girl on the bottom of the stairs, her BFF Avery, is 3 girls up from her!

What a great night these kids had! After the hanger they went to the dance and then stopped at McDonalds for ice cream. I am still getting used to the fact that I even have a daughter that is old enough to date, but I'm glad she has had such great experiences. I've had a great time getting to look for dresses with her, helping her with her make up and jewelry and of course, being a great photographer when the boys arrive (even if she's a little embarrassed by the amount of pictures I take). Next dance is a girls choice and I've offered our home for the dinner, we'll see if she takes me up on it!

5 comments:

  1. That looks like such a fun date!! Glad she got to go. I was thinking how much she is looking like you, Deb. She looks like a princess!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lindsay looks BEAUTIFUL! Her hair and dress are just gorgeous! And what a date... I don't think I've ever been on a fun date quite like that. Wait, no, I KNOW I've never been on a date like that! How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WoW... Looks like Homecoming was a big hit! Hope you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, those guys went all out with the date! How fun for her! She looks beautiful as well, but of course she would since she takes after her mom:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is GORGEOUS! What a lucky boy to get her for his date. What a fun adventurous date! How fun!

    ReplyDelete