Thursday, October 14, 2010

Disneyland~California Adventure

Last week, Oct. 3-10 we had the opportunity to go to Southern California and visit Disneyland, California Adventure and Sea World. We left well before the sun was up on Sunday morning in order to make the trip in one day. We did get rained on Monday and Tuesday and even had to break down and purchase the Disneyland ponchos. The rest of the week the weather was fantastic! We did and saw a lot while we were there and had a great time, here are a few (okay, a ton) of the pictures.
The kids at Disneyland's main gate Cute Halloween decorations at the entrance
Lindsay and Baylie, I took this while on 'the golden zepher' in California Adventure. Lindsay had taken Baylie on a different ride so they missed this one.


The Buzz Lightyear ride in Disneyland. This was Jace's favorite!! This big Buzz talks to you while you wait in line, telling you what you need to do to conquer the bad guys while on the ride. Jace LOVED it!!

Outside 'Mr. Toad's Wild Ride'

Baylie and Jace waiting for everyone that went on 'Indiana Jones' ride. (they weren't tall enough)

We saw some parades.....










Baylie got asked to bang on this drum during one of the parades, and she did a great job!
Didn't quite have my camera ready but Tigger came up to Emily and gave her a high five, during this parade.




We went the show "it's tough to be a bug at Disney's California Adventure" I love that show, it's so funny, we've seen it many times and I laughed just as hard as I did the first time! Here we are sporting our 3D bug eyes!
We saw tons of the characters this trip. I think more than we ever have before. Here is princess Belle with my princesses...


Chip and Dale
I have a little story about this photo. We were in line to see Woody and the guy working around him came and said that it was time for Woody to go but that Jessie would be out in just a minute. I told him "he better not leave before Jace gets up to see him!" Anyway, as the line moved along, we were 2nd in line and they took Woody away. The man I had spoke with earlier came back with Woody to find me so I could let Jace get a picture with him. I thought that was so nice, and Jace was beyond THRILLED!


Jessie


Sully (notice Jace isn't in this pic, he was too scared to go up to him)


Mater and Lightening McQueen


Minnie



Pluto

Mickey!


We went on a ton of rides....................
Jace waiting for 'Heimlich's Chew Chew Train' We often found him climbing on the railings, walls or whatever while we waited. He's so cute!

Waiting in line




Thunder Mountain Railroad

Dumbo (notice the ponchos)


The favorite roller coaster, 'California screamin' We even got Emily on it the last day!! I think Ali is sitting next to Chris, she barely made the height but is fearful of nothing and loved this ride as much as the big girls!


Autopia, watch out - Ali's driving!
Finding Nemo's submarine's


We found it!



Grizzly River Run ~ another favorite

Matterhorn




Lindsay and Kenna on the 'bobsleds'



In line for the Matterhorn


It's a small world..... such a cute ride!


This is one of the postcards at the end of small world and sums up our trip!

We had such a fun trip! The last time we were there, Jace was just a baby. It's always fun to go and it's definitely the 'happiest place on earth.' I know this won't be our last trip there but I'm grateful we had the chance to go, it's always fun to spend time with each other outside from the daily routines of life. I love my family and love that we are lucky enough to be able to do such fun things together!

2 comments:

  1. Wow you did see a lot of characters! That looks awesome and makes me want to go--if I can ever talk Brett into coming with us! Hope Jace had a great birthday! He's such a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like so much fun! We LOVE Disneyland! What a fun harvest. So glad you got to go enjoy!

    ReplyDelete