Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Senior awards assembly

Yesterday, I was able to attend the senior awards assembly.  The seniors from Hillcrest High School earned a total of $843,800 in scholarship money and I'm happy to report that Lindsay earned some of that!
She earned a scholarship from BYU-I, the award of excellence scholarship.
Here she is getting her scholarship from the BYU-I representative that was in attendance. My camera was a bit slow, so she is actually passing him after getting her certificate.


I was able to get a good picture as she walked back toward us


Lindsay also was awarded her 'honor cords' that she will wear as she marches in graduation on Thursday.  She was awarded double cords for high honors -


Shaking hands with Mr. Jackson (vice principal, no relation) and receiving her certificate for her high honor achievement


Jace was a good sport in sitting with me during this assembly but kept asking if it was almost over - Lindsay let him wear her honor cords...... here's hoping that one day he'll get his own!


Her scholarship, high honors certificate and honor cords.


We are sure proud of her and all she has accomplished during her high school years.  She has worked extremely hard and I am happy to see all that work pay off!  She also along with Kenna, got a new job yesterday.....they will both be working at the new subway opening in Ammon (pictures to come)!

1 comment: