Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day 2012

Happy Mother's Day to ME!!  Chris kept asking what I wanted/needed for Mother's Day and I really couldn't think of anything!  A few days before, I decided what I wanted was for him and the kids to redo the flower bed out front.  I was tired of some of the bushes/shrubs we planted when we moved in 6 years ago and wanted them replaced.
Saturday morning Chris and I headed to the nursery for me to pick out what I wanted to add to the flower bed.  Here is a picture of what we got

 Loading it into the truck
 My little helpers worked so hard all afternoon to get my flower beds looking the way I wanted them!
Here is cute little Jace and Baylie getting the rocks out of the way so the new tree, bush and flowers could be planted

 Chris is working to get that shrub out - that yellowish - green one had to go!  I don't have a picture of the other one that was being taken out but I will say that they had to use my car to pull it out of the ground - (I was gone and no one thought to take a picture of that!)
 Emily making a spot for one of my new day lilies
 Lindsay dumping a big bucket of rocks
 Lindsay - (maybe making sure her sisters are still working?)
Making room for the orange poppy!


 This is one of the bushes I picked - It's a flowering almond (or something like that) when it grows it will be 3ft by about 4 ft and will be covered in pretty pink flowers - I can't wait!!
 This is what took the place of the shrub Chris was digging up, in an earlier picture - It's a dwarf Korean lilac tree! It will grow to be about 6 ft tall and will have the yummy lilac scent when the flowers are in bloom!

This was the perfect Mother's Day for me, I've been wanting for quite a while to redo this flower bed - I got 2 new day lilies, an oriental poppy, a (different) poppy, the flowering almond, the lilac tree and 2 other flowering bushes but I don't remember what they are called!  I think it looks so much better - now, if someone would weed regularly we'd be set!  What a great guy Chris is and the kids to give up their Saturday to get this done for me - I sure do love them!

2 comments:

  1. I need to come drive by your house and take a look at your new project. I bet it looks awesome! I will bring Tracy with me, and we can make a visit out of it:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome! I can't wait to have my own yard again one day. I miss that! And how did you get all your girls to help out? That right there would make it the best Mother's Day ever! :) I'm sure it's going to look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete