Saturday, December 31, 2011

SURPRISE!

The Tuesday before my birthday, I had plans to have lunch with 3 friends at our favorite Mexican restaurant.  When I got there, I was in for a huge surprise.  Two of my good friends had worked together to get about 20 of my friends together to surprise me for my 40th birthday.  As you can see as I'm walking in the restaurant, I was clueless as to what was going on! (A HUGE thank you to Brooke, my camera happy friend for all these pictures!)


 I'm still in shock, looking at everyone at this point.  I couldn't figure out how some of them knew each other and how a few little groups of friends became all one big group of friends - for this celebration anyway.


Nicole Hall, one of the ring leaders, made this sign and went to the restaurant early to decorate the place!  She got me all dressed up in this get up as I entered the restaurant. Can you see one blinking red thing at my left ear?  Yep, she had blinking red chili pepper earrings and all!


You can't see everyone in this picture or the next but I was so grateful for each one of these ladies for coming and making my day a bright one!  I definitely have the best friends ever!



Nicole even got my favorite cold stone ice cream cake -complete with all 40 candles!


 Chris and the girls knew about this surprise for several days beforehand.  Chris call the school and got Lindsay and Kenna released from school to come eat lunch with me - don't they look cute with their mustaches??

Deb Weldert, Tracy Hanks, me and Brooke  (my camera loving friend)


My cake!


All the candles are lit.....


One BIG breath...........


And, BLOOOOOOOW!


Kara was in town and happened to be near so I had her come on over!  (I was so glad, Nicole tried to text her but accidentally texted her home phone so she didn't get the information about the surprise)


Chris stopped in to get Jace



There were GAG GIFTS GALORE!!  This jar says "40 sucks" and was full of 40 suckers


A hot flash fanner


Even a homemade bra! Nicole sewed tube socks to the cups of this bra and added candies in the bottom to weigh it down - it's seriously hilarious! (That's Nicole sitting to the right of me, Angie Lords is on my left)


Like I said, gag gifts galore!! Here is a small sampling of some of the items I received

This was such a fun surprise, you can see why I say I have the best friends!  I can't believe they were able to pull it off without me having any knowledge of any of it!  I'm not one that's usually surprised but I really had no clue and it was one of the best days ever!  Thanks ladies..... it was great, just remember what could happen when you turn 40 - you know what they say about paybacks!

5 comments:

  1. Hey, one day you will be grateful for your camera happy friend:) This post would not be possible if it weren't for me:) haha, it was a fun party! I am glad you were such a good sport:) What's crazy, we will be celebrating my 40th when you have your 50th:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was such a fun bday lunch!!!I wish I would have been early enough to see you walk in!!!The cake was delicious to!!!!!;))) Happy 40!!!!:)))

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was invited to this Birthday bash, but wasn't able to come. Looks like it turned out GREAT and a good SURPRISE. I was thinking about you!!! Hope you had a great Birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh! That is A-W-E-S-O-M-E!!! What a fun surprise! Looks like a great group of friends, and such a funny stash of gifts! The bra cracks me up!!! Happy happy 40th!!!

    ReplyDelete