Friday, December 2, 2011

Decking the halls

This past weekend, we were able to get out the Christmas decorations and get the house ready for Christmas! I love how excited my little ones get and how everything seems so magical to them! The weekend before Thanksgiving, I found this cute idea on pinterest and was determined to do it, even though I'm not a crafty person. I was really happy with how it turned out. While I was decorating the front door, Chris was putting up the Christmas lights and hanging my big wreath on the house.
As it came time to trim the tree, Lindsay and Kenna were in a hurry to get to a basketball game, so much for family time! Here they are putting their ornaments on the tree.
Baylie was all smiles as she hung her ornaments.
Ali and Jace..... say cheese!
Emily, reaching way up high to put on her ornament
Family snapshot after it was done!
Jace is so excited for Christmas, he is on the countdown! He is such a sweet little boy and has been hard at work coloring pages for everyone in the house. He folds them up and has put them under the tree and has instructed us, "not to peek" they are his gifts to everyone.
Even though it's a bit crooked and some of the lights are out, it still looks great! Way to go kiddos!
I've been really good this year about not moving the ornaments after the kids have put them on. Each year, I give them a new ornament with their name on it and the year I give it to them. Those are the ornaments that have taken over my tree, I think there are only about a dozen of mine on it this year. The kids' are lumped together and there are places that need to have something added, but I've let them do their thing and they are happy and excited about how it looks. One day, and I know it will come way too soon, I will get to put my ornaments back onto the tree, until that time..... the kids can enjoy every magical moment of this Christmas season!

4 comments:

  1. Wow... you are a nice mom because putting up the tree at my house always ends up with someone getting grounded! I try to be sweet and make it all sentimental--but as everyone is rushing at the tree--my wicked stepmother side completely takes over every year! I wish I could be okay with clustered ornaments--I really do know that it doesn't really matter. Your tree and door look awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Christmas tree turned out really cute! I still love your garland around your front door :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You need a tripod for Christmas so you can be in your family pictures:) Great pictures, and I love the garland around your door. Will you come to my house and make one for me:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful tree! And the clumped together ornaments make it all the better don't they! I really love that tradition that you have. And the notes from Jace under the tree are TOO CUTE!!!

    ReplyDelete