Saturday, May 7, 2011

Mother's Day tea

I had the opportunity to go to Baylie's kindergarten class yesterday to attend the 'mother's day tea' that her class had for their moms. They had a cute program of songs, a dance, a reading about their mom (which the teacher read out loud), and they got to stand up and tell why their mom was special. She was really excited for this day but did tell me before she left for school, "don't bring your camera!" I think she knows me better than that! Here is Baylie and some of her friends singing one of the songs. Waiting for her turn to stand up and tell everyone why her mom is special.

When it was Baylie's turn, she stood and said, "my mom is special because she helps me clean my room!" I thought it was cute and funny at the same time. During the reading about her mom, the teacher would start the sentence and then the kids had to fill in the blank. Baylie's was, my mom is prettier than...... and she said, "a rose!"


Here she is getting ready for another song. They used these ribbon things that they waved around at certain points. She is making sure hers is ready to grab!

This was during the dance, it was a dance for the kids and their moms. It was a cute song/dance. I hurried to grab my camera but then it was over so she's just looking cute instead of dancing and looking cute!
The kids made flowers out of their hand prints to give to their moms. Here is Baylie with my flowers.


They served the cutest little cupcakes with raspberry frappe!


I had her teacher take a picture of me and Baylie together under the Happy Mother's Day sign.


It was such a fun morning and it's also so great to see the kids excited to have their parents come into their classrooms. I was thinking that my kids are growing up so quickly and I'll only have 1 more of these kindergarten mother's day teas to attend. Thanks Baylie for singing so well for me and saying such nice things. I love you and am so glad you are my daughter!

1 comment:

  1. That is so adorable! Looks so fun! You're such a great mom with so many kids activities to keep up with! I don't know how you do it all!

    ReplyDelete