Sunday, May 15, 2011

New York City

For our anniversary, we took a trip to New York City. Neither of us had been there before so it was a fun experience. I can't say it was a vacation, as everything and everyone in NYC is moving full speed ahead all day long and well into the night! Horns are constantly honking, thousands of people moving at a quick pace and it was just amazing to see how different our lives are from theirs. We left on Wednesday May 11th and returned on Sunday the 15th. We definitely couldn't possibly see all the NYC has to offer in a few short days but we did our best to see what we could! I took 249 pictures total so to condense to just a few for this post was hard! These photos are in no particular order - I did think this first picture was an appropriate choice to start with...... We got around Manhattan mostly using the hop on hop off double decker tour bus. It would stop randomly and you could either stay on or get off and explore then wait for another bus to come along.

There was an M&M's world store just one block from our hotel, of course we had to go in and get some! So many colors to choose from!



One of the things we planned before leaving was seeing the musical 'Wicked.' It was more than worth the $$ we spent on tickets and I would have been happy to see it again, on this same trip! I've been searching online to see where else it's playing, somewhere closer so I can go again and take the girls! That's how much I LOVED it! We also saw, "Phantom of the Opera" and "RAIN, a tribute to the Beatles." Both were fantastic!


Sitting in the Gershwin Theatre with my playbill


We went to the 'top of the Rock' observation deck~ man, what a view! Here is Central Park with the city surrounding.....


The Empire State building


Central Park, again



We took the ferry out to the Statue of Liberty...... She's much smaller than I thought she would be.




This is what will be the new 'Freedom Tower' at ground zero!



We walked across the Brooklyn Bridge



Here is one of the ponds in Central Park, it's the same pond where part of the 'stuart little' movie was filmed.


We took a pedicab ride through Central Park (poor guy that had to pull us around all afternoon)


Standing in front of the 'mall' in Central Park


The "friends" fountain. This is where the beginning of the show 'friends' was taped.

other fun things we saw...... the late night theatre


American Stock Exchange..........


Radio City Music Hall, where the rockettes perform


St. Pauls Cathedral - the largest Catholic Church in the world


We went into FAO Schwarz where I got to play on the piano from the movie "big"


The 'flat iron building' - it's located at the start of the financial district.



Broadway...


The Hershey's store in Times Square


In the middle of Times Square........ I love this guy!



We had such an amazing trip, I can't wait to go back! NYC has so much to do and see, I think it would take quite a few trips to see it all. We did shop along Canal street and scored some cute purses for the girls and the food is excellent! It was a great way to spend our 19th anniversary! This was, believe it or not, the first trip we have ever taken together that was just us. We've gone plenty of places but we've always gone with people, it was nice to have Chris all to myself for a few days! I wonder what our 20 year anniversary will bring???

3 comments:

  1. I love all the pictures!! I'm so glad you guys had a good time. New York looks amazing!! We went to Wicked in Boise and I LOVED it too!! Happy Anniversary!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you had such a great time! You did a lot in the short time you were there. How fun! I love all of the pictures! New York is definitely somewhere I would like to go some day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome Debi! That looks like such a great trip. LOVE your wedding photo! And I especially loved looking at your NY pictures because in less than 2 weeks we will be calling that home! Ahhh! You really saw it all! So glad you got to go and have a great time together. Happy 19!

    ReplyDelete