Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Sadie Hawkins

This past Saturday evening was the girls choice, Sadie Hawkins, dance. Lindsay asked one of her great friends Colter Lowry. The theme for the dance was "Mario Party." She was in a group with 5 other couples and all of the shirts they had made were the same except each couple had a different color. The shirts have a picture of "birdo"(girls) or "yoshi"(boys) with the words, "partying with....." and then their dates name on the back. They went to eat dinner at one of the girls homes, went to a concert and then to the dance. After the dance they went back to another of the girls' homes for ice cream sundaes. Here is the only picture I have of Lindsay and Colter, thanks to Colter's mom. They had a great time, the only thing I regret is not getting any pictures. Since it was girls choice, Lindsay had to pick Colter up. I offered to go to the house where they were having dinner to get a few of the group but Lindsay said, "no thanks!" Now, there are no pictures because none of the kids took any. One day she will feel bad about not letting me come take any. (A mom can dream, right?)

3 comments:

  1. What a cute couple! At least you have that one photo. Yes, one day she will appreciate all the pictures! :) You're a cute mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look cute together! Shirts were cute, too. Sounds like a fun night!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a great way to ask someone to a dance. It came to me when I was reading this post. Anyway, you get a HUGE pair of underwear, and write on it...."I hate to be BRIEF..BUT, will you go to "dance name" with me! Haha, I thought it was funny, but you may not. Lindsay looked cute with her date. How fun!

    ReplyDelete