Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Count your many blessings #3

"And I've often wondered, how did it all start? Who found out that nothing can capture a heart like a melody can? Well, whoever it was, I'm a fan.... So I say, thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing. Who can live without it? I ask in all honesty, what would life be without a song?..........." (ABBA)
This song sums up my feelings on today's post of thanks.

Today, I am SO THANKFUL for MUSIC! I have loved music for as long as I can remember. I used to spend hours as a teenager listening to music and I haven't out grown that. It's on in my home, it's on in my car and it's the first thing I hear every morning as my alarm goes off in the morning to the radio. It really doesn't matter the type, I love all music (okay not the trashy heavy metal stuff). Music has the ability to change my mood from sad to happy, from drab to excited, and music also helps me to feel the spirit through hymns.
I have to admit I'm feeling pretty giddy just making this post. I'm grateful that my girls are learning to play the piano, I love hearing them play and I'm glad that they have almost the same amount of love for music as I do.
Again, I say "thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing. Who can live without it? I ask in all honesty, what would life be without a song?"

No comments:

Post a Comment