Friday, March 16, 2012

Officially a TEENAGER

Here is a photo of Emily with her new flip flops, one of the things she got at the big birthday party before our Hawaii trip.

Since her birthday fell on Sunday this year (March 11) we took her to lunch the Saturday before and she wanted to go to Olive Garden  - they gave her a little bowl of whipping cream with their yummy mints in it as we all sang happy birthday

Sunday morning, she wanted pancakes and scrambled eggs!  WOW -officially another teenager lives in our home -

We don't have church until 11 so she didn't want to wait to open her presents


A new wallet, make- up bag and purse are among a few of the things she received

This girl is a girl after my own heart, she wanted a raspberry filled cake with butter cream frosting!

Funny little story - as I put the candles on her cake, I only put on 11 of them  and all the kids reminded me that I was short 2 candles..... I guess in my mind, she should still be 11!


Make a wish and blow


What a beautiful young woman Emily is becoming -


We now have 1/2 teenagers and 1/2 under 10 in the house - they grow up so quickly!  She often times sits silently in the background waiting for her turn to shine, but when she does she sure shines bright -I guess that is a downfall of being in the middle.  She is a great big sister as she helps the little ones with keeping their rooms clean, homework and reading.  She is funny, smart and beautiful.  How lucky are we that she came to our home, we love her and appreciate what a wonderful daughter she is! Next thing I know, she'll be driving!

2 comments:

  1. She's so cute! And 13, wow! I love her hair. Cute story about the candles on her cake. We never want our kids to be as old as they are, do we? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok,it seems like you have one bday after another!!ha! I can't believe she's 13!!! Her cake looks SOOOOO delicious!!!!!yum!!:)))

    ReplyDelete