Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Hawaii - random photos

These pictures are just pictures that made our trip fun and didn't really fit into any of the previous posts but we definitely couldn't leave them out!


Kenna at Cheeseburger in Paradise enjoying a pina colada, virgin of course!


The old banyan tree in downtown Lahaina - this tree is amazing


We hiked to Nakalele's blowhole, but it was so windy that day, we didn't make it all the way down to the blowhole.  This is the view from where we were


See how windy it was?




This 200XL shirt is in Hilo Hattie's - keep in mind it's only the 2nd largest Hawaiian shirt in the world!


Downtown Lahaina there is a koi pond right in the middle of the outdoor mall ~ this is right after we landed, we stopped to eat even before going to the resort!  (I love my friend in the background on the phone)

Several times we walked along the harbor where the tour boats go in and out.  On this particular day, a deep sea fishing boat had come in, cleaned it's catch and offered it to the people along the harbor.  Chris enjoyed tasting this raw mahi mahi!


On one of the several times we stopped for Hawaiian shave ice, Kenna ran across the street to pick herself a plumeria



Best buddies along the harbor


Of course there was shopping in all the shops along front street in downtown Lahaina!


Jace with a tiki in Hilo Hattie's


The main reason I wanted to go to Hilo Hattie's?  They have a spot where you can pick pearls from oysters and for Lindsay's birthday, I thought it would be fun for her to do so!
Here she is picking her oyster~


She got TWINS!! Not only 2 but 2 gorgeous white pearls!


I decided to get it set for her and for doing so, the lady let us pick another oyster.  Kenna and Jace picked next and got a beautiful black pearl.  Long story short, I was a sucker and ended up getting each of us girls matching necklaces - we ended up with 2 white pearls, a black pearl and 3 pink pearls - here is what the setting looks like, this is with one of the pink pearls ~ (I guess I'll always remember what I paid for them too - the chain isn't included)


Jace caught himself a big wave!


This is Kenna, walking back from writing all her friends names in the sand - notice her phone in hand? She texted each of them their names in the sand


Boys will be boys ~ Jace is playing in the fountain at whaler's village


At whaler's village, Ali wanted her picture taken with this whale


A nice young man was kind enough to take a family photo along the harbor


 I started planning this back in 2010 after Chris and I had gone.  We ended up getting a great deal on airfare back in May 2011 so it was a long countdown before we actually left.  This was definitely a once in a lifetime family trip! We are blessed to have been able to go spend time together and strengthen our family bond - This trip was everything I dreamed it would be with the kids and so much more - I think we are all in agreement that it stinks to be home - we are missing the warm sun, the smell of the flowers, the Hawaiian shave ice, the beach, the pool..............I can go on!

2 comments:

  1. I am loving all of your pictures from Hawaii! We had a lot of random people snapping pictures for us. We returned the favor though:) Do you ever wonder how many times you are in the background of someone else's photo? I was thinking that as I was going through all of my pictures and noticing different people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great photos! Looks like SUCH a fun trip. Those pearls necklaces are gorgeous! I'm so glad you decided to get one for each of you. They will bring back great memories! You seriously had a the perfect trip of a lifetime!

    ReplyDelete