Sunday, March 4, 2012

Hawaii 2012

We had the wonderful opportunity to take the family to Maui.  This has been a LONG anticipated trip as we booked it last May.  We left on the 16th of February and came home on the 23rd.  This is probably our last big family trip before Lindsay leaves for college so I wanted to make it a good one! With over 400 pictures, I've decided to break the posts up into a few different ones so this one is all about the beaches!
This is all of us along the harbor in Lahaina (okay, nothing to do with the beach but I already had the next 2 pictures downloaded before I decided to make a few posts)

Again in Lahaina and I believe this was on Lindsay's birthday!

To the BEACH!!  The condo we rented was fully stocked with boogie boards, noodles, beach chairs, sand toys and even a cooler so we could pack a lunch if we wanted.  This is at DT Fleming beach just about a 5 minute drive from Honua Kai, our resort.  Emily, Ali and Kenna are trying to catch some waves.

Kenna caught one!


she comes


Lindsay and Emily caught some too!


Jace loved jumping the waves as they came up on shore


Baylie LOVED playing in the sand, here she is burying Ali in it - this is at Baby Beach in Lahaina


Ali coming back from snorkeling at Baby Beach..... Chris and Emily are still out there, look closely and you can see them


Baylie, built so many sand castles!!


I snapped this just as a wave got Kenna good!


Here I am chillin out watching the kids.  This is at the resort which was right on Kaanapali Beach


Jace loved to stand on the boogie boards acting like he was surfing.  Here, a wave came up a little too far for him and he's trying to catch his balance as the boogie board started moving.... it was so funny!


More sand castles......

Lindsay coming back from snorkeling with Chris - everyone is in the background behind her

Kenna helped Baylie with some sand castles

                                               Lindsay and Jace helped her too

We had such a great time on the beaches of Maui.  I think the kids would have been completely content in never leaving the resort and just hanging out at the beach and the pools.

1 comment:

  1. AHHHH! Can I just say I am so jealous! That looks like heaven on earth. What a perfect vacation. That is so fun you took your whole family, what great memories you are going to have! It looks so warm, I just want to be in your pictures and soak in that sunshine on those gorgeous beaches! LOVE all your pictures. Makes me feel like I'm there! Wish I was! Looks like you all had such a great time.

    ReplyDelete