Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Decorating the Christmas Tree

We had a fun evening Monday night as we decorated the tree. It's one of my favorite things in the world to decorate the house for the Christmas season. There's something about the lights, the music and the ornaments that just bring a magical feeling into the home.
Here is Chris trying to fix the lights, you can see there is one section of lights that isn't working. Lucky for us, we have a dad that can fix anything! Here I am trying to help Ali and Baylie find their own bags of ornaments. Each year, I get the kids a new ornament to put on the tree. When they leave home, they should each have around 18-20 ornaments with their name and the year I gave it to them, to take with them. Emily, finding a spot on the tree for one of her ornaments
Lindsay, Emily, Baylie, Jace and Ali making sure their ornaments are in just the right spots. As you can see Lindsay and Emily weren't happy about me taking pictures and kept telling me they didn't want to be in them, luckily I'm the one in charge : )
Kenna and Chris smiling happily as they add ornaments to the tree

Our entry way table.

Our little Christmas village and Kenna


Our tile that reminds us why we celebrate this season

Our completed tree.......

It's only been 2 days since we put the tree up and have a few gifts underneath, Jace is already asking when he gets to open his. He's at a fun age where he is just giddy with excitement whenever we get to do anything that is in preparation for Christmas day. As I was wrapping gifts the other day, he was the one that got to take them and put them under the tree and nothing could have made him happier!

2 comments:

  1. Your tree is gorgeous! I love your ornament tradition, how neat. Wish I did that for my kids. Looks like another fun night at the Jackson home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tree and decorations! I like the village! Your kids will be so glad when you give them their ornaments when they leave the house!

    ReplyDelete