Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Eve traditions

Christmas Eve has been a good day at our house. We took the kids to see the movie 'yogi bear.' And as evening approached, we had our traditional dinner of hoagie sandwiches, egg nog, little smokies, crackers and dip, etc. After dinner, we found the kids 'tracking Santa' on the computer. Jace was so into it, he sat near the computer all evening, as we watched a movie, he kept us informed as to Santa's whereabouts. We had our traditional opening of Christmas Eve jammies. Here the kids are with theirs

Tearing into the packages...........
Looking around to see what every one else's look like............. I do have to admit that the kids got also either slippers or a robe, except Baylie. My poor little girl was so sad, she had tears. I hurriedly ran out to the store to grab her some slippers. In my own defense, I had looked and couldn't find any her size that would match her new jammies. I really didn't think it would be that big of a deal, boy was I wrong!

Here are the kids showing off their new jammies. (I'm not into the whole matchy, matchy jammies, I just like to find ones that they'll like and want to wear again)

We concluded the evening with Chris reading from Luke 2, the story of Christ's birth and why we even celebrate Christmas.

Again this year, they are all having a 'slumber party' in Lindsay's room. I think they do that so they'll all wake up together and we won't have any late sleepers. Anyone that knows Baylie, knows she has been known to sleep until noon, if we let her!

4 comments:

  1. I love traditions! It looks like you had another wonderful evening with your family. I am the same way with pajamas too. They don't have to match. I just like to find cute ones they will wear again. I got Jeff and myself matching Utah State sweatpants. Too bad they were made for a 6'5 person:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice traditions! Looks like a great evening!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun to track Santa! We'll have to remember that one. Cute jammies, cute family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! Cute pj's to! ok,I didn't know you could track Santa on the computer!the twins would have LOVED that! Man,there's still a lot of things I need to learn about when you have kids I guess,ha!;)maybe that's why I have you for a neighbor!;)Glad you guys had a Merry Christmas!!!!

    ReplyDelete