Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween 2011

Halloween, I think I've been on the record before in saying, is such a ridiculous holiday. The kids all love it and really, it's all about free candy and dressing up so why wouldn't they? I guess I'm in the minority of those that don't enjoy it. I didn't even put up any decorations this year, I just wasn't feeling it. This year, our Halloween festivities consisted of 3 separate nights of FuN! First, we had a ward trunk or treat, followed by the schools spooktacular and finally, the night of trick or treating itself. I do have to pat myself on the back for being on top of the costumes this year, usually I am scrambling at the last minute to think of things for the kids to be, another reason I dislike this day!
Here are Jace and Ali at the ward trunk or treat. Ali was a 'wild cat' and Jace was a skeleton.

Baylie, a lady bug moving from car to car
Emily, a baby
Kenna and her friend Hannah, just hanging out
I guess the kids thought 'trunk or treat' really meant to get into the trunk because I have several pictures of them in the trunk. Ali, Jace and Baylie with their friend Maya.
The next Halloween activity was the 'spooktacular' at the school. It's a carnival where all the classes have activities for the kids to do and each teacher gets to keep the money raised in their own classroom for classroom use. I like that part of the spooktacular as teachers always need things in their classes but the whole overall atmosphere is nothing but chaos! The kids start out doing a costume parade for all the parents in the gym. Jace wanted to go with his friend Tyler but as he entered the gym and saw me, he was done! I guess he's not as ready for kindergarten as he thinks he is :) Jace is right behind Tyler and just about in tears.
Baylie during the parade
Ali during the parade. I had stopped the whole parade because Ali wasn't paying attention for me to get a picture of her, so I called out for her to stop so I could get a good one!
Eating the caramel apples they purchased in Mrs. Brintons (Baylie's teacher) room
Our jack o lanterns. Baylie picked out 'tangled' for her pumpkin, which turned out great but it didn't last too long. Jace wanted a smurf, Ali wanted a ghost and Emily did a skull. They all were really cute, I wish I would have taken pictures right after they were done.
Jace, posing with his smurf jack o lantern
Everyone heading out for trick or treating...
Emily took off and went with her friends while Ali, Jace and Baylie got driven around by Kenna in the neighborhood. Once Chris got home, he took them to grandmas and a few other houses in the ward. I think they all had a great Halloween, but I'm sure glad it's over....at least until next year!

3 comments:

  1. ha! That Spooktacular thing was crazy chaos!! it scared me!!lol! Good to see you guys there though:))) I'm glad Halloween is over to;))) Till next year!!!;) The kids all looked super cute!:)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so funny! Even tho you hate Halloween you do a good job of letting your kids have fun. I love their costumes. You definitely deserve a pat on the back for putting those together! Looks like a great weekend. Hope you guys have a nice Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And OH MY GOSH!!! I LOVE YOUR NEW FAMILY PICTURE!!! Seriously what a gorgeous family!!! LOVE love love it!

    ReplyDelete