Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Back to school we go!

The first day of school has come and gone. My kids were up and really excited for their new year to begin. I always take them to school and walk them to their class rooms, which I'm now learning is a bit embarrassing, except to Baylie who just started kindergarten.

Here are 3 of my girls in front of the school. Emily-6th grade, Baylie - kindergarten, Alison - 2nd grade. Baylie with her teacher, Mrs. Killpack. We were a bit rushed that I just had to give her a quick hug and good-bye. When I got to the car, I asked Kenna if she noticed how Baylie was holding up. She was fine and later said she wasn't nervous at all, just happy to go to kindergarten!

Ali with her new teacher, Mrs. Brinton. Ali is such a fun little girl and I knew she was anxious to get the show on the road.


Emily and Mrs. Perry! Emily was a little embarrassed by my antics of picture taking but knew that if she didn't cooperate, I could be much more embarrassing!


Kenna is a freshman this year, in HIGH SCHOOL!! Boy, do I feel old! She was by far the most embarrassed of all my kids and couldn't even believe that I was getting out of the car to take her picture in front of the school! I did yell, "bye - turn and wave or I'll honk as I drive away!"


Lindsay didn't start school until today since freshman have their own day the first day of school. It's so they can navigate the halls and figure out where to be without too many kids there. So, she lucked out and just had her picture taken in front of the house and as she was getting into the car. If Jace would have been awake, I would have followed her to school to get one there!


They're on their way............


As Jace woke up yesterday, he plopped on the couch and said, "well, it's just you and me!" I then told him that Lindsay was still home but it would be just the two of us for tomorrow. It sure was a quiet morning and now I have to contend with Jace asking when he gets to go to pre-school! All my girls had a great first day and I'm happy to report they all loved being back!

4 comments:

  1. They all look gorgeous! Seriously you have the most gorgeous family. So fun for you to get to be Jace's buddy all day. And I love that you embarrass them! I'm going to remember that and threaten them with honking when they're older. Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really do crack me up. I can totally see you honking and waving goodbye even without it having to be a threat. You have really cute kids, and you always have them dressed to perfection. Way to go mom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha!ha! That is hilarious about gettin out to take Kenna's pic! They all looked so cute on their first day! Mia and Luke are missin their little friends and watch all the busses that go by thinkin it's Kenna,and Ali and Bailey:) they don't quite get it that Kenna rides w Lindsay these days:) ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad it was a great first day for all!!!!

    ReplyDelete