Thursday, August 5, 2010

Grandma turns 95

On August 3, 1915, my grandma Karen Eleanor Wold Root was born. She has been a big part of my life, as she lived with us during my teenage years. We weren't able to head over for the celebration but will see her as we head over to Boise this weekend. Four of my girls have been at my moms for the week so they were there for the big day. Here they are at Applebees for dinner. Also, my Uncle Norman and his wife Ann came from Sacramento, CA to be with her. Uncle Norman is in the blue shirt and Aunt Ann is wearing the sunglasses. Look closely and you can see a few of my kids there. Here's my grandma holding her birthday cake. Doesn't she look great for being 95?
Happy Birthday Grandma!!! For as long as I can remember, I have been telling her that she'll live to be at least 100, she doesn't appreciate when I tell her that, but we're sure hoping I'm right!! Thanks for Anjela for the pictures

2 comments:

  1. She is adorable! I love grandma's. So glad you got to go celebrate with her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nice of Norman and Ann to come up! She does look great!!

    ReplyDelete