Saturday, November 17, 2012

Jace turns 6

My sweet baby boy turned 6 on Oct. 17 - I can't believe how the years are flying by!
He is the cutest thing and had certain things required this birthday, breakfast in bed was one of them.
Here he is in my bed with that request. On the menu?  French toast of course, his absolute favorite!

I went to his kindergarten class with treats of snickers bars and root beer!  Here he is with his teacher, Mrs. Killpack while his class sang 'happy birthday' to him.  You can see his 'happy birthday' on the white board.


And what birthday boy doesn't want a birthday crown?


After school was another surprise - he had been telling me he wanted a 'dirt bike' cake for his birthday - I had no idea how I was going to pull this off.  Thank goodness for facebook, I found 'cakes by Julie' and she is in Idaho Falls so I called her up about a week before and ordered this FABULOUS cake!!  The cake tasted as awesome as it looked!  The 'dirt' was crushed up cookies, there are candy rocks too -everything was edible except the dirt bike.




He wasn't too picky about gifts as a matter of fact, I had a hard time thinking of things he needed!  I was able to find a few things as well as some fun stuff too!


He is a sweet boy - for dinner he wanted to go to Pizza Pie Cafe in Rexburg because he wanted Lindsay to be able to come with us.  So we drove to Rexburg to pick her up and take her with us.  Here he is about to blow out the candles on his cake



Back at home we opened presents - we even facetimed Lindsay on our iphones so she could see him open them!




New coat, hat and gloves for the COLD Idaho winter ahead!


Look how he is just as excited for a new suit as he was for the toys!!  He is such a handsome little guy on Sundays.
We have absolutely LOVED having Jace in our family - as the only boy and the youngest, he is pretty spoiled by us all but man we love this kid!!  We were truly blessed when Heavenly Father sent him to us!!

4 comments:

  1. He's so cute! Can't believe he's 6!!! Time is flying! Love his cake! Julie does the twins bday cakes to! (she's going home to Hawaii for xmas this year,so she can't make theirs!I'm bummed)!:( But she's great!!!Looks like he was spoiled and had a great bday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a handsome little guy! What a fabulous birthday!!! LOVE his cake! And aren't little suits the cutest? I love that Heavenly Father sent you a boy after all your beautiful girls. Spoil away I say! :)

    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Jace!! He is such a cutie! Looks like he had a great day. What an awesome cake!!

    ReplyDelete