Monday, August 27, 2012

Back to school 2012

Today was the first day of school, at least for my 4 youngest!  I sent Emily to 8th grade, Ali to 4th, Baylie to 2nd and my baby is officially in kindergarten!
Here they are on the front porch, their fingers letting me know what grades they're in.

The full view


Our first stop was Rimrock elementary -


We found Baylie's teacher, Mrs. Brinton - Baylie had her for 1st grade last year and when we found out she was moving back to second grade, we told the principal to keep Baylie with her!

 
Mrs. Abbott was outside doing bus duty - here she is with Ali
 

Then I wandered to the kindergarten playground where I found Jace had lined up to go inside with his class.


I was able to get a photo with him and Mrs. Killpack!


My next stop was Sandcreek middle school where Emily is one of the top dogs! She wasn't thrilled with me getting out of the car to take a picture but I know someday she'll love that I did!


Such a fun time but always sad too.  End of summer is sad but it's always great to be back into a routine - Jace is in morning kindergarten so he gets home at 11, he had a fantastic first day and is already wanting to go back for more.  Chris, Kenna and I took him out to lunch so we could hear all about his day and it was fun to hear the excitement as he told us about his teacher, classroom and all the fun he is going to have this year.  Tomorrow, Kenna starts her first day as a JR in high school and I get Lindsay for another week before taking her to college, I'm hoping it's a really slow week!

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh, the first day of school! My oldest (in Kindergarten) starts tomorrow. What a big moment. I love that they hold up fingers to indicate grade. Smart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great first day photos! Gorgeous kids! And now you have a quiet house.... for a few hours anyway!

    ReplyDelete