Thursday, June 21, 2012

Subway.........eat fresh!

Kenna started her first job on May 25, the last day of school.  I had told her I would come in to take a few pictures for the blog and she threatened me that she would quit if I did.  I went in with an entourage of her Aunt Anjela, Carli (Anjela's sister), Lexie Stevenson (Anjela's cousin's daughter), Lindsay and Emily. I knew I had a better chance with people with me! I was right - Here she is and she's even smiling!


 
We ordered some cookies - raspberry cheesecake (DIVINE) so we actually had a point of going in.  Here she is getting a bag to put our cookies in

I will also add that Lindsay is working at Subway too - she is working at a different location than Kenna because they don't like siblings to work together.  She started on Memorial Day, May 28 - they both seem to like working at Subway. They trained at the same location but always different shifts, now there is one close to the house and that is the one where Kenna works. If they work a 4 hour shift, they get a free sandwich if they work a shorter shift they can have 2 cookies or a bag of chips and soda - For the first few days after Kenna started, she wouldn't take her free sandwich and we all thought she was nuts but she said  "working around all that food all day makes me sick!"  We told her to bring it home and someone would eat it, she never did but since she started closing and working 6-7 hour shifts, she eats them.  We are glad they are working and having responsibilities outside the house as well as learning to deal with their personal finances.  They've been good to put almost all their money in the bank for college, they keep enough cash to pay tithing and have a few spending dollars. The little kids always ask if we can get subway and go see whoever happens to be working.  I wish I would have taken a picture of the two of them the other day together after they got home, they do look cute in their uniforms!

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh. . .my first summer job was at McDonald's, it is so great to earn that first paycheck :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kenna looks so cute in her Subway uniform!:)) The twins ask everyday if we drive by if she's working and if we can go in and see her! ha! I'm just glad she mostly works nights so she can still watch the twinners:))))

    ReplyDelete