Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Our secret tree


My kids found a 'secret tree' two summers ago and ask if they can go there frequently.  It's not really a secret, as it runs along the canal and the busy road just outside our neighborhood but for my kids, there is something magical about this tree.  A few nights ago, Jace and Baylie wanted to ride their bikes to the tree and they begged me and Chris to go along.  Chris had been to this tree before but for me, it was my first time.  Baylie asked me not to post on my blog about this tree because everyone would then know about it -funny girl!
Here is Jace jumping a little dirt 'hill' (a small bump really) on the way to our secret tree


There she is, in the distance!


With all it's leaves and branches, you can't see the magic hidden inside!


Jace throwing something into the canal - under the tree


Climbing


Stopping for a pose - this little boy is a total poser!


Chris and Jace


Baylie and Jace enjoying a seat in the tree

 
Peek-a-boo, I see you!


This is a little rope thing that helps the kids climb up into the tree -


Baylie


Jace jumping into Chris' arms from the tree


Baylie's turn


After about 20 minutes of climbing up and down, jumping out and throwing things into the canal, it was time to head back home
Here are Chris and Baylie hopping on their bikes - a little side story of the bikes, my bike had a hole in one tire so Chris let me ride his bike and he rode one of the kids' bikes - yep, best guy ever! This isn't a great picture of him on the bike, but he really did look funny on a small bike!


It was fun to finally see the secret tree and watch the kids enjoy it so much!  With all the branches hanging so low, one wouldn't know the mysteries that lie inside this tree as they just drive by on the road, so I guess it is our little secret - It's a great climbing tree and it's always fun to throw things into the water, know wonder my kids love going there so much!

1 comment:

  1. I have a lot of great memories growing up having forts, special places we would go to, the dirt hills (the dirt hills were a vacant lot down the road:) How fun that your kids have their own "magical" place to go to.

    ReplyDelete