Sunday, February 12, 2012

Sweethearts 2012

Last night was Hillcrests Sweetheart dance.  It's a girls choice dance and Lindsay asked Kayden Finlayson. These two have gone to school together since 3rd grade. When we moved from our old house, they moved too and Lindsay and Kayden started Sandcreek together in 6th grade and they knew no one but each other. They have stayed friends through all these years!  His mom also happens to be a dear friend of mine!  Here she is with me and Chris before leaving to pick Kayden up.
Jenny came over to tie her sash for me.  I don't do bows well but she does and this is actually the second time for a dance she's come over to make sure Lindsay's bows look perfect! Thanks Jenny!!

All ready to go
A close up

Megan Searle did her hair again and I'm always amazed at the wonderful job she does!  She's done it now numerous times and she's never done the same hair style twice!
Nicole was generous enough to let Lindsay use her convertible Mustang again.  We love having this car around, it's so fun - Kenna is sure this car is her destiny!  Since it's February and still cold, she had to keep the top up!  Here she is leaving to pick Kayden up
They were in a group of 14, for dinner they did a progressive dinner.  I made the lasagna for the main dish but our house served the 'light' dessert. It was the final stop before the actual dance.  They had frappe and I didn't think that was enough so I made Oreo truffle pops and had some fun heart shaped gummy candies too! After the dance they went to Avery's house for the real dessert -   Here is Kayden and Lindsay enjoying some frappe
I couldn't let them leave without taking a few pictures but getting them all together for a good picture was quite the challenge.  Here are a few of the boys 'planking' in my living room - Yep, Kayden is on the bottom of this pile

Strike a pose!

And a few of Lindsay and Kayden
Wait, one more before you leave!!
This was such a fun evening for them all.  I can't believe this is Lindsay's last girls choice before she graduates, it's been such a fun time in our house getting ready for dances.  Not to worry, Kenna turns 16 in May and it will start all over again!  This was a fun group of kids to have over and I've said it before, Lindsay has some really great friends!

3 comments:

  1. She is gorgeous! You are such a fun mom to have them all over to your house. I want to be like you! I hope my kids can have such a great group of friends like that too. What a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like another successful dance! Lindsay looked awesome! cute cute dress too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lindsay looks gorgeous as usual! I love the dress!

    ReplyDelete