Friday, September 17, 2010

An invitation and reply

Homecoming is quickly approaching and last Thursday evening, Kenna got a call to get Lindsay out of the house so a young man could come over to ask her to the dance. After fibbing to her about needing something for the next days cross country meet, Lindsay reluctantly took Kenna to walmart. As Kenna was wandering around walmart, we understand Lindsay was not happy with her and even threatened to leave her if she didn't hurry, the boys (he came with 3 friends) had made their way downstairs to set up the invitation.
When Lindsay came home, this is her reaction and what she found......


The boys had filled up the bathtub and added 17 goldfish (18 really but one died), then hung up a poster saying, "out of all the fish in the sea, I pick you to go to homecoming with me." It was rather funny when Lindsay got home and saw this, she immediately turned to Kenna and said, "you're a liar!" but she was laughing and had a huge smile on her face!
So, we then had to think of a way to answer his invitation and here is what we came up with......
Lindsay blowing up balloons....................


Making the poster...................

We piled the balloons on her for the picture, there were 75 pink 12inch balloons (I have to admit that I did the majority of the balloon blowing up, and I only popped 1 which made our total 74)

In Brody's (the young man who asked her) room setting up the response............


Our sign said, "I'm tickled pink that you asked and can "bear"ly wait for our homecoming date!" That is why all the balloons were pink and there was a huge bag of gummy bears. She was going to stuff his car with the balloons, poster and gummy bears but he had gone somewhere when she went to his house, so she ended up decorating his room instead.
We already have a dress picked out and it is at the seamstresses being altered! I don't have any pictures of it so you will have to wait to see it until the big day!!! I can tell you, it's PINK!

3 comments:

  1. How fun! When my kids get this age I'm going to come to you for ideas! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, I love the way she answered him...but that's cause I LOVE pink,so cute!! I can't wait to see her dress:)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see pictures of the event!! Have fun Lindsay.

    ReplyDelete