Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Backyard campout

Two weeks ago, Chris thought it would be a great idea to sleep in the tent in the backyard. The little kids were super excited about it and we totally on board. I have to admit that I was not. I opted out of this adventure since my nice comfy bed was only a few feet away. It was getting dark by the time they even set the tent up but that didn't stop all the excitement. Chris started a fire in the fire pit, and they were set. Lindsay and Kenna didn't sleep in the tent either, they had early morning cross country and wanted a good nights sleep! Here they are posing for a picture before going to bed. Chris gathered the empty twin mattresses from the house to take outside to sleep on, yeah we really know how to rough it!

One last picture before I headed into bed.


They all slept great except for Emily who came into the house and slept in her bed after feeling scared. I will let you know that they also watched a movie, that's right, Chris somehow was able to hang his Ipad up in the tent so they enjoyed a movie on Netflix. Yep, we really know how to rough it!! I am glad that the kids had such an enjoyable evening and that Chris is willing to do fun things with them!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh how fun! What a great dad! (I'm with you, I would have wanted my bed!) That will be such a fun memory for them. I love it!

    ReplyDelete